Common to all or any employees staying more than 6 months is you can bring your household.
Receiving work license
The principles for going to Sweden for work vary based on your country of citizenship, see below. Typical to any or all workers staying more than 6 months is you can bring your loved ones.
People of EU nations
Passport/ID is needed
As an EU resident, you may be eligible to work with Sweden with out a license. You might also need the ability to arrive at Sweden to take into consideration a work. Family gets the directly to join you in Sweden so long as you have right of residence in Sweden.
Whenever entering Sweden, you and any accompanying household members must-have a legitimate passport or nationwide ID card showing your citizenship.
Family from outside of the EU?
When your spouse/common legislation spouse/registered partner/dependent children/dependent moms and dads aren’t EU citizens, they will certainly have to submit an application for residence cards, but this could additionally be done after going to Sweden, during the time that is same you sign up your right of residence.
Long-lasting EU resident?
You qualify as a long-term resident and can apply, in that country, for a special EU residence permit if you have lived in another EU country with a residence permit for at least five years. This will make it much easier to go on to another EU nation.
People of non-EU nations
Step one: work permit
Generally speaking, residents from countries beyond your EU must make an application for work license to operate in Sweden.
You will find a few exceptions to the guideline. People of Argentina, Australia, Chile, Canada, Hong Kong, brand New Zealand, Southern Korea and Uruguay aged 18–30 can additionally submit an application for a working vacation visa ( website website link in Swedish) for as much as twelve months.
For work that lasts lower than 3 months, citizens of specific nations should have both work license and a visa. Also keep in mind that employees in some areas could be exempt from work license laws.
Demands for a work permit
To be eligible for a work license, you really need to have gotten the state offer of work from a employer that is swedish. The work should also:
- have already been marketed within the EU/EEA for at the very least ten times
- offer regards to work that match those set by Swedish collective agreements or those who are customary in the career or industry
- spend the very least monthly income of SEK 13,000 before fees.
You have to additionally hold a legitimate passport in your house nation.
Licenses for household members
If you’re a non-EU resident entitled to be given a work license, your spouse/common law spouse/registered partner and kiddies up to age 21 (in addition to kids over 21 that are economically influenced by you) have actually the best to join you in Sweden. They have to apply for residence licenses, either in the application or individually.
The applying procedure
Generally speaking, it is important to submit an application for your license before entering Sweden, though in a few full instances you are in a position to use from within Sweden if you’re currently lawfully residing in the united states.
- Get an offer of employment – which will need to have been approved by way of a trade union that is relevant.
- Compile and submit the job – either online or by way of a paper application presented to your closest embassy that is swedish consulate. Your finished application must consist asianbrides of: – a completed application form – copies of this pages of one’s passport that demonstrate individual data, amount of credibility and whether you’ve got authorization to call home in nations apart from your nation of beginning ( e.g. other residence or visas licenses) – your offer of work therefore the declaration through the trade union – a credit card applicatoin charge.
- The Migration Agency considers the application and notifies you of their decision, see present waiting times.
- Publish data for residence and visa license card.
Expanding work permit
If you wish to keep working after your overall license has expired, you’ll want to make an application for an expansion. You are entitled to keep working while waiting for a decision if you apply before your current permit expires.
People of Nordic nations
Residents of the country that is nordic the best to freely live and work with Sweden without registering using the Migration Agency. Nevertheless, you ought to register aided by the Swedish Tax Agency to achieve A swedish individual identity quantity.
Citizens of Switzerland
Swiss residents require a residence license be effective in Sweden for longer than 90 days. You make an application for your residence license after entering Sweden and may take effect just while you go into the nation. When entering Sweden, you really must have a passport that is valid. Family may join you.
Overseas pupils having a residence license in Sweden are permitted to work alongside their studies. When they desire to remain and work with Sweden after finishing their studies, they want a work license.
Some beginning points for learning the Swedish language: